Skate / Bucky Lasek
- Nickname: Bucky
- Sport: Skateboard
- City, State you reside in: Olivenhain, CA
- Birthday 12/03/1972
- Age when first started skating: 12 years old
- Sponsors: Rockstar Energy Drink, Puma, Subaru, Go Pro, Hex, Pro-Tec, Independent, Boneless Pads, Types Wheels
- When I’m not skating I like to: Relax at home in Encinitas, CA with my wife and three daughters, work on my house, and hang out in my backyard bowl
- Career History. How did you start skating? In my home town of Baltimore, MD, I first picked up a skateboard at the age of 12 after my bike was stolen. Soon after I was competing in amateur contests and quickly climbed up the ranks as a professional skateboarder.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: Bucky has won 12 X Games medals, six of which have been gold. He continues to maintain his place among the top of the vert world, taking top titles in the Dew Action Sports Tour, ASA Championships, and the X Games. He not only dominates the vert contest scene, but also repeatedly commands the best trick and bowl contests as well; proving his aggressive and innovative style. In 2000, Bucky became the first skateboarder ever in the history of X Games to win gold in two consecutive years with back to back wins in 1999 and 2000. He repeated the honor in 2003 and 2004.
Rockstar Energy Athletes Medal at X Games Austin
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar Energy athletes who competed at X Games Austin!Here are our Summer 2014 medalists:Jimmy Wilkins: Skateboard Vert GOLDMitchie Brusco: Skateboard Vert...
Good Luck at X Games Austin!
Good luck to all of the Rockstar athletes competing at X Games Austin! BMX Dirt: Chris Doyle, TJ Ellis, Dennis Enarson, Ryan NyquistBMX Park: Dennis Enarson, Ryan Nyquist, Chase HawkBMX Street:...
Rockstar Athletes Medal at X Games Los Angeles
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar Energy athletes who competed at the final X Games in Los Angeles! It was a fantastic four days filled with heated competition...
Good Luck at X Games Los Angeles!
Good luck to all of the Rockstar athletes competing at X Games Los Angeles 2013! Be sure to catch all the action starting this Thursday, August 1st! Tickets are still available here, but if you...
Rockstar Teammates Podium in Skateboard Vert
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek & Mitchie Brusco who took gold & bronze, respectively, in Skateboard Vert at X Games Munich! Lasek, the legend, went from last place to first in his final run,...
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Dew Tour Beach Championships
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes that competed at the Dew Tour Beach Championships in Ocean City, Maryland! Special shout out to our podium finishers:Sean Sexton - BMX Street 2nd...
Manny Santiago Takes 2nd at KIA World Extreme Games
Congratulations to the newest Rockstar Skateboard team member, Manny Santiago, who took silver at the KIA World Extreme Games in Shanghai!
Punched Blue Raspberry 'Get Black & Blue' Sweepstake
Black and Blue never felt this good. Get Punched (and like it). Visit win.rockstarenergy.com/blackandblue for weekly chances to win cool prizes, including a case of Rockstar Energy's newest...
Rockstar Signs Manny Santiago
Rockstar is excited to officially announce that street skater Manny Santiago has joined the Rockstar Skateboard Team! Learn more about Manny HERE.
Mitchie Brusco & Elliot Sloan Podium in Skate Big Air at X Games Barcelona
Bob Burnquist might have taken gold in Skateboard Big Air, but it was the young Mitchie Brusco who stole the show with the first ever 1080 landed in contest history! Rockstar teammate Elliot Sloan...
Bucky Lasek Wins 2013 Pro-Tec Pool Party
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek who took 1st at the 9th annul Pro-Tec Pool Party, unseating defending champ, Pedro Barros! Rockstar teammate Omar Hassan ended the day with a 4th place...
Good luck at X Games - Barcelona!
Good luck to all of the Rockstar athletes that will be competing at X Games - Barcelona! Be sure to tune in next week to watch them compete.BMX ParkRyan Nyquist Chase Hawk BMX StreetSean...
X Games Foz do Iguaçu
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek who turned back the clock at X Games Foz do Iguaçu and took home is first Skateboard Vert GOLD in a decade! More congrats go out to the athletes who also left...
Other Skate Athletes
19 hours ago: .@jackostrong throwing one sideways for #WhipItWesday. #FMX http://t.co/KnCs7C6lyI see full story
19 hours ago: Jackson "Jacko" Strong throwing one sideways for #WhipItWednesday. #FMX see full story
20 hours ago: RT @Mannyslaysall: Manny Santiago "Bump To Butter" by OC Ramps http://t.co/KkpilXr9Tk see full story
20 hours ago: Control wizard Manny Santiago stomping around at OC Ramps. see full story
20 hours ago: RT @VitalMX: The Story of HRH Racing (Rockstar Husqvarna): @HusqvarnaNA @elhombre_21 @fmf73 @ProTaperUSA http://t.co/wvBhw0TUAO http://t.c… see full story
22 hours ago: .@TannerHall is back with new deep pow lines in his latest webisode of "TannerHalln" Watch: http://t.co/LQgVjsUd3O http://t.co/XiNk75NPz5 see full story
22 hours ago: Tanner Hall is back with new deep pow lines in his latest webisode of "TannerHalln" Watch the full episode here: http://bit.ly/TanneHalln4 or... see full story
24 hours ago: If you haven't seen or voted for Dan Brisse's #RealSnow part yet, treat yo self and GO VOTE!! see full story
1 day ago: Urban assault mission with @Chadkerley. #bmx http://t.co/vx8LH7xqw0 see full story
1 day ago: Urban assault mission with Chad Kerley. #bmx see full story
2 days ago: Courtney Conlogue - in the moment. see full story
2 days ago: Island vibes are the best vibes. @butlernicola charging the quarterpipe at @cwcwake park. #wakeboarding | #islandlife http://t.co/lOdLUP4sBo see full story