Skate / Sergie Ventura
- Sport: Skateboarding
- City, State you reside in: Vista, CA
- Birthday: August 8th
- Age when first started skating: 11 years old
- Favorite place to skate: Lately, anywhere new. Mostly, Bucky's and Hawk's.
- Sponsors: Rockstar Energy Drink, Osiris, Hurley, Type-S urethane, Ace Trucks, 187 Pads, Costal Edge
- Inspiration: My family
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Nothing new lately.
- When I’m not skating I like to: : Spend as much time with my family since I’m always gone, graphic designs, work at Osiris
- Official/Favorite Website: www.rockstarenergy.com www.sergieventura.com , www.type-s.com, www.osirisshoes.com , www.apple.com
- Something that most people don’t know about you: Danced for Madonna during the Re-Invention tour 2004. Was hired to skate during a song but then ended up dancing to “Holiday” in the show. Broke Guinness book of World Records in 1996 for highest air on a skateboard. I studied under a student of Yip man for Martial Arts. He was Bruce Lee’s teacher for Wing Chun and then several years in a southern style of Shoulin kung fu.
- Quote: “True Mastery transcends any particular art. It stems from Mastery of Oneself - the ability , developed through self discipline, to be calm, fully aware and completely in tune with one-self. Then, and only then, can a person really know himself.” Bruce Lee
- Career History. How did you start skating? I grew up surfing in Va. Beach. One year there wasn’t any waves and my friend showed me a mini-ramp and I loved how it was a continuous wave and the tricks were easier to learn.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: Broke Guinness book of World Records in 1996 for highest air on a skateboard | Danced & Skated for Madonna during the Re-Invention tour 2004 | First guy to transfer from the Square bowl to the Round bowl at the Vans Combi pool | First year in Masters division won the overall points title | I am the announcer for ALL the Bowl-a-rama competitions
Rockstar Teammates Podium in Skateboard Vert
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek & Mitchie Brusco who took gold & bronze, respectively, in Skateboard Vert at X Games Munich! Lasek, the legend, went from last place to first in his final run,...
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Dew Tour Beach Championships
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes that competed at the Dew Tour Beach Championships in Ocean City, Maryland! Special shout out to our podium finishers:Sean Sexton - BMX Street 2nd...
Manny Santiago Takes 2nd at KIA World Extreme Games
Congratulations to the newest Rockstar Skateboard team member, Manny Santiago, who took silver at the KIA World Extreme Games in Shanghai!
Rockstar Signs Manny Santiago
Rockstar is excited to officially announce that street skater Manny Santiago has joined the Rockstar Skateboard Team! Learn more about Manny HERE.
Mitchie Brusco & Elliot Sloan Podium in Skate Big Air at X Games Barcelona
Bob Burnquist might have taken gold in Skateboard Big Air, but it was the young Mitchie Brusco who stole the show with the first ever 1080 landed in contest history! Rockstar teammate Elliot Sloan...
Bucky Lasek Wins 2013 Pro-Tec Pool Party
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek who took 1st at the 9th annul Pro-Tec Pool Party, unseating defending champ, Pedro Barros! Rockstar teammate Omar Hassan ended the day with a 4th place...
Other Skate Athletes
1 hour ago: We're excited to announce that we're sending the top 10 riders from The Wakeskate Tour 2014 to the #Philippines next year for Spring Training! Here's to... see full story
2 hours ago: @catmaha Welcome to the family! Which flavor did you try? see full story
2 hours ago: @LightAtTheEnd Not legit. Rockstar is in no way affiliated with any auto wrap programs. see full story
2 hours ago: @gregstyliades @thaddybear Let us know what you think! see full story
2 hours ago: @thaddybear We're happy you're happy! see full story
2 hours ago: @InGodsHandsZH Big thanks for your support! see full story
2 hours ago: @NAOFK253 🏆 Does a trophy emoji work? Thanks so much for your support! see full story
5 hours ago: Ain't no country like the backcountry! Check out Andreas Wiig's X Games #RealSnowBackcountry edit at http://xgam.es/1rI6L8n. see full story
22 hours ago: Congrats to our #MissInkedUp London winner, Annalieza! More info at http://inkedupworldtour.com/models.php. #InkedUpTour | Sullen Clothing | Inked Magazine see full story
1 day ago: Rockstar Energy Suzuki Factory Racing's Glenn Coldenhoff finishes 2nd overall in the MX2 class at #MXoN! Let's take a lap around the track with... see full story
1 day ago: Second leg added to #TheWorldTour with Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens! RSVP for presale here: http://cncrt.ly/worldtour see full story
2 days ago: Rockstar Energy Suzuki Factory Racing's Kevin Strijbos gets a moto win at #MXoN en route to 2nd overall with Team #Belgium! Read the Rockstar Energy Drink... see full story