Skate / Tristan Rennie
- Sport: Skateboarding
- City, State you reside in: Rialto, CA
- Birthday: June 15, 1998
- Age when first started skating: 2 years old
- Favorite place to skate Backyard pools, Combi, all my local parks
- Sponsors: Rockstar Energy Drink, Santa Cruz Skateboards, So Cal Skateshop, Nike SB, Independent, S-One helmets, Lost Clothing, 187 pads, Type S Wheels, Dsco Bearings, Taco Dudes
- Inspiration: Danny Way, Duane Peters, Lance Mountain, Salba and Chris Miller were my early inspiration. Today, Grant Taylor and Raven Tershy are a couple of skaters I look to for inspiration.
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? TOOL, Sick of it All, Minor Threat, Fugazi
- When I’m not skating I like to: Sleep and eat
- Favorite Website: Thrasher channel/ Youtube
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I'm learning how to surf
- Favorite Quote: “The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin
- Career History. How did you start skating? I grew up in skateparks watching my dad and his friends skate from the time I was a baby. I got my first board when I was 2y/o and started rolling down the driveway into the grass. By the time I was 6y/o a ton of parks were showing up in the IE (Upland, Fontana, Chino, Montclair). That is when I started doing the local contests and didn't want to do anything but skate. Since my dad skated he would take me with him to skate backyard pools which are my favorite things to skate.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: The biggest would be winning the Vans Amateur Pool Party contest 2 years in a row (2013 and 2014) then winning the Vans Pool Party in 2014. Winning a trip to Brazil to participate in the Skate Generation contest and coming in 3rd was an amazing experience too.
Rockstar Teammates Podium in Skateboard Vert
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek & Mitchie Brusco who took gold & bronze, respectively, in Skateboard Vert at X Games Munich! Lasek, the legend, went from last place to first in his final run,...
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Dew Tour Beach Championships
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes that competed at the Dew Tour Beach Championships in Ocean City, Maryland! Special shout out to our podium finishers:Sean Sexton - BMX Street 2nd...
Manny Santiago Takes 2nd at KIA World Extreme Games
Congratulations to the newest Rockstar Skateboard team member, Manny Santiago, who took silver at the KIA World Extreme Games in Shanghai!
Rockstar Signs Manny Santiago
Rockstar is excited to officially announce that street skater Manny Santiago has joined the Rockstar Skateboard Team! Learn more about Manny HERE.
Mitchie Brusco & Elliot Sloan Podium in Skate Big Air at X Games Barcelona
Bob Burnquist might have taken gold in Skateboard Big Air, but it was the young Mitchie Brusco who stole the show with the first ever 1080 landed in contest history! Rockstar teammate Elliot Sloan...
Bucky Lasek Wins 2013 Pro-Tec Pool Party
Congratulations to Bucky Lasek who took 1st at the 9th annul Pro-Tec Pool Party, unseating defending champ, Pedro Barros! Rockstar teammate Omar Hassan ended the day with a 4th place...
Other Skate Athletes
8 hours ago: RT @brookecrain32: Mud ball nationals 😛 perfect weekends are rare for me but I'm happy to start the season this way. See ya in FL next week… see full story
16 hours ago: Zach Osborne ready to get on the track for the first east coast round #minneapolissx #rockstarhusky see full story
1 day ago: This week on Destination Polaris: #OperationDesertRun- A military immersion at Fort Irwin and a 250 desert ride with 20 Rockstar Energy athletes! #RZRLife... see full story
2 days ago: Bucky Lasek with the boneless stalefish at Bondi 🤘🏽 photo cred: Dean Tirkot #rockstarskate see full story
4 days ago: Gettin over the hump @yung_hails #rockstarsnow https://t.co/RNI4wJZrZa see full story
5 days ago: Happy Valentines Day! - #RockstarModels Check out the full video on our YouTube page https://t.co/2ki59lMedp https://t.co/5kZIEiHRUS see full story