Snowboard / Matt Ladley
- Nickname: Ladley
- Sport: Snowboard
- City, State you reside in: Denver, CO
- Birthday: 5/17/91
- Age when first started snowboarding: 7 years old
- Favorite place to snowboard: Freeriding back home in Steamboat is all time
- Sponsors: Nike, Rockstar, U.S. Snowboarding
- Inspiration: Bruce Lee
- When I’m not snowboarding I like to: Surf, Travel, Party, Golf, Vacation, Backpack, Shoot Guns, Climb, Skate
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I spend a lot of time in the wilderness, sometimes by myself for a few days just walking over mountains and stuff.
- Quote: I’m not here for a long time, I’m here for a good time.
- Career History. How did you start snowboarding? Well, I grew up in Chicago until I was ten and my parents had me skiing since I could walk. We went to visit my cousin in Telluride, CO when I was seven and decided it was time I stepped my game up and started snowboarding. After that day I never went back to skiing. I loved it so much it was all I did, even in Chicago. My mom would pick me up from elementary school and take me to this little hill called Raging Buffalo and would ride under the lights until they closed. It was the greatest thing in the world to me, and when my family decided to move out to Steamboat Springs, CO it was a dream come true.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 3rd Place - US Grand Prix Mammoth, Superpipe – 2014, 6th Place - US Grand Prix Mammoth, Superpipe – 2014, 2nd Place - TTR World Snowboarding Championships, Oslo, Superpipe – 2012, 2nd Place - TTR World Snowboarding Championships, Oslo, Quarterpipe - 2012
EPISODE 2 OF “NEW HIGHTS” NOW LIVE, FEATURING US PRO SNOWBOARDER ELENA HIGHT
FOUR-WEBISODE SERIES FOLLOWS HIGHT THROUGH GROUNDBREAKING SNOWBOARDING SEASON Lake Tahoe, Calif. – Elena Hight’s...
Vote for Hana Beaman in Round 2 of X Games Real Women
Hana Beaman is one of eight women competing in the X Games Real Women video competition. After sailing through the opening round, Hana needs your help to get to the finals! Vote for Hana in Round...
US PRO SNOWBOARDER ELENA HIGHT’S NEW WEBISODE SERIES “NEW HIGHTS” DEBUTS TODAY
FOUR-WEBISODE SERIES FOLLOWS HIGHT THROUGH GROUNDBREAKING SNOWBOARDING SEASONLake Tahoe, Calif. -- The first webisode in a new series entitled New Hights featuring US Olympic snowboarder Elena...
"Under The Wiig" Episode 3
LIVE NOW! Andreas Wiig discusses ankle injuries and his partnership with Vans in Episode 3 of "Under The Wiig." Watch now here.Andreas Wiig is a world-renowned snowboarder with multiple podium...
Rockstar Introduces Brand New Web Series,
Take a peek at the brand new Rockstar Energy web series featuring snowboarder Elena Hight. "New Hights" teaser is live now here.Elena Hight is one of the top professional snowboarders today. A...
Under The Wiig - Episode 2
LIVE NOW! In Episode 2 of "Under The Wiig," Andreas takes a break from the snow to work on his new business venture, AWSM. Watch now at youtube.com/Rockstar.Andreas Wiig is a world-renowned...
Spencer O'Brien Wins Nike Snake & Hammers
Congratulations to Spencer O'Brien who took first at the Nike Snowboarding Snake & Hammers in Montafon, Austria!
"Under The Wiig" Premiere Episode
LIVE NOW! The premiere episode of "Under The Wiig" featuring world-renowned snowboarder Andreas Wiig. Watch at youtube.com/Rockstar to find out how to win an Andreas prize pack!Andreas Wiig is a...
Torstein Horgmo Wins Slopestyle at Quiksilver Snowjam
Shout out to Torstein Horgmo who won Slopestyle at the Quiksilver Snowjam - FIS Snowboard World Cup in Czech Republic!
Snowboarder Magazine Rider Of The Year
Congratulations to Torstein Horgmo who was listed as one of Snowboarder Magazine's Riders of the Year, and to Hana Beaman who was named THE Women's Rider of the Year!
Other Snowboard Athletes
2 hours ago: .@butlernicola is dodging blizzards in Thailand and couldn't be happier about it. #wakeboading #endlesssummer http://t.co/0A4SjUGibh see full story
3 hours ago: Nicola Butler is dodging blizzards over in Thailand and couldn't be happier about it. #wakeboarding | #cablepark | #endlesssummer see full story
14 hours ago: RT @ChristyPrior: b r o n z e . .🏆 More than happy w/ my first @xgames experience!☺️🙏 #Rookie #XGames #ItsMyFirstTime👯 P:@processfilms http… see full story
17 hours ago: Words can't express how proud we are of our @XGames competitors. Keep the passion and progression alive for next year http://t.co/ISRzkDeCdy see full story
17 hours ago: Words can't express how proud we are of our Xgames competitors. The level of riding was insane and everyone blew minds out in the snow. Keep the passion and... see full story
22 hours ago: New flavor alert! 🚨 Rockstar Pina Colada and Lime Freeze are available in stores now! http://t.co/7uapYPl6V6 see full story
22 hours ago: New flavor alert! 🚨 Rockstar Pina Colada and Lime Freeze are in stores now!!! see full story
24 hours ago: Winter is finally setting in, but don't worry our #RockstarEnergyModels are here to keep you warm. #heatthingsup http://t.co/0QFTwi5HRf see full story
1 day ago: Winter is finally setting in, but don't worry - our #RockstarEnergyModels are here to keep you warm. ❄️❄️❄️🔥🔥🔥 | #ModelMonday see full story
1 day ago: Catch up with @GregLutzka at the new @TransWorldSKATE park and enjoy a 12 pack of hammers. #skateboarding http://t.co/YA9PaWc7rJ see full story
1 day ago: Catch up with Greg Lutzka at the new TransWorld SKATEboarding park and enjoy a 12 pack of hammers. #skateboarding see full story
2 days ago: Another huge day for our athletes at Xgames Aspen! Silje Norendal brings home the gold and Christy Prior snags the bronze in slope style! #snowboarding |... see full story