Snowboard / Rebecca Torr
- Name: Rebecca Torr
- Nickname: Possum
- City state you live in: Breckenridge, Colorado
- Birthday: March 15th 1990
- Age when you started snowboarding: 15
- Favorite place to snowboard: Breckenridge CO, anywhere in NZ!
- Sponsors: Billabong, Electric Visual, Breckenridge Mountain, Mons Royale, Transform Gloves
- Inspiration: Any one who is having fun whatever their circumstances and living life with passion and compassion for others.
- Whats on your iPod playlist: I usually like to listen to any club bangers/ top 40 but recently I have been loving riding to more mellow stuff like The Eagles, Monsters of folk, Olin and the moon and band of horses.
- Something most people don't know about you: There's no secrets with me most people know everything about me Haha! I suppose most people assume I grew up in the mountains in NZ but I grew up 5 minutes from the beach in a small rural town in the North Island of NZ. Its funny how I fell into snowboarding.
- Famous Quote you like: Be the change you want in the world.
- How did you get started Snowboarding: I would do a trip to the mountain in the north island in NZ once or twice a year with my family, I first tried skiing, but then my older brothers and sister started snowboarding and naturally I wanted to be
- Career Highlights, Awards, Contest Results: 4th Overall Winter Dew tour 2011/12; 2nd Overall Winter Dew tour 2010/11; Rookie of the year Dew tour 2010/1; 9th European X games Tignes 2011; 10th Aspen X games 2012; 10th Oakley arctic Challenge 2011
X Games Aspen 2014 - Day One
Day One of X Games Aspen couldn't have happened any other way. Just one year after a snowmobiling crash took the life of his brother, Caleb Moore, Colten Moore returned to X Games Snowmobile...
Matt Ladley & Kyle Mack Step Up at Mammoth Grand Prix; Chas Guldemond Makes U.S. Olympic Team
Friday’s Halfpipe Qualifier #3 at the Mammoth Grand Prix produced stiff competition with seven scores above 90 points. Matt Ladley, who had stomped a frontside...
Chas Guldemond & Kyle Mack Podium at Mammoth Grand Prix
January 16th, Mammoth Mountain Grand Prix, Olympic Qualifiers #3 and #4It was a big day for Rockstar Energy and the U.S. Snowboarding Team. Chas Guldemond took 3rd place in the first Olympic...
Déjà Vu Now Available on iTunes!
Déjà Vu Def: noun. deja vu - “The experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before.” This is how it feels to us, like it was meant to...
Other Snowboard Athletes
13 hours ago: .@skilletmusic rockin' Pittsburgh! @RockstarUPROAR #RockstarUproar http://t.co/rTlrHOUy7j see full story
13 hours ago: Skillet rockin' Pittsburgh! RockstarUPROAR see full story
15 hours ago: @RxAlive Aren't you clever! see full story
15 hours ago: @Tony090280_420 Impressive! see full story
15 hours ago: @jshanny14 We totally get you! see full story
15 hours ago: @fratharry Unfortunately Rockstar Guava is no longer part of our product portfolio. We hope you're able to find a new favorite flavor! see full story
15 hours ago: @vaz_tami Thank you for choosing us! see full story
16 hours ago: We're going #PureZero this #ThirstyThursday! What's your pick? see full story
18 hours ago: Three stops left in the 2014 Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series season! Don't miss your chance to #win a trip to the Challenge Cup in October. Click here:... see full story
20 hours ago: Snag a copy of this Torstein Horgmo poster in the September 2014 issue of TransWorld SNOWboarding! And if you haven't seen the Shredbots movie trailer yet,... see full story
1 day ago: Dennis Enarson bringing some style to the streets of Portland to claim his spot on top of the podium! #DewTour #BMX see full story
2 days ago: Let's take a ride with Danny Hart... Watch the #GoPro footage of his 2nd place run from the Canadian Open at #Crankworx! Click here: http://bit.ly/dhcrankworx see full story