Snowboard / Rebecca Torr
- Name: Rebecca Torr
- Nickname: Possum
- City state you live in: Breckenridge, Colorado
- Birthday: March 15th 1990
- Age when you started snowboarding: 15
- Favorite place to snowboard: Breckenridge CO, anywhere in NZ!
- Sponsors: Billabong, Electric Visual, Breckenridge Mountain, Mons Royale, Transform Gloves
- Inspiration: Any one who is having fun whatever their circumstances and living life with passion and compassion for others.
- Whats on your iPod playlist: I usually like to listen to any club bangers/ top 40 but recently I have been loving riding to more mellow stuff like The Eagles, Monsters of folk, Olin and the moon and band of horses.
- Something most people don't know about you: There's no secrets with me most people know everything about me Haha! I suppose most people assume I grew up in the mountains in NZ but I grew up 5 minutes from the beach in a small rural town in the North Island of NZ. Its funny how I fell into snowboarding.
- Famous Quote you like: Be the change you want in the world.
- How did you get started Snowboarding: I would do a trip to the mountain in the north island in NZ once or twice a year with my family, I first tried skiing, but then my older brothers and sister started snowboarding and naturally I wanted to be
- Career Highlights, Awards, Contest Results: 4th Overall Winter Dew tour 2011/12; 2nd Overall Winter Dew tour 2010/11; Rookie of the year Dew tour 2010/1; 9th European X games Tignes 2011; 10th Aspen X games 2012; 10th Oakley arctic Challenge 2011
X Games Aspen 2014 - Day One
Day One of X Games Aspen couldn't have happened any other way. Just one year after a snowmobiling crash took the life of his brother, Caleb Moore, Colten Moore returned to X Games Snowmobile...
Matt Ladley & Kyle Mack Step Up at Mammoth Grand Prix; Chas Guldemond Makes U.S. Olympic Team
Friday’s Halfpipe Qualifier #3 at the Mammoth Grand Prix produced stiff competition with seven scores above 90 points. Matt Ladley, who had stomped a frontside...
Chas Guldemond & Kyle Mack Podium at Mammoth Grand Prix
January 16th, Mammoth Mountain Grand Prix, Olympic Qualifiers #3 and #4It was a big day for Rockstar Energy and the U.S. Snowboarding Team. Chas Guldemond took 3rd place in the first Olympic...
Déjà Vu Now Available on iTunes!
Déjà Vu Def: noun. deja vu - “The experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before.” This is how it feels to us, like it was meant to...
Other Snowboard Athletes
3 hours ago: Vincent Gagnier sporting a new gold chain. You deserve it bud! 🏆 #skiing #xgames http://t.co/PMLIWb0api see full story
3 hours ago: Vincent Gagnier sporting a new gold chain. You destroyed it tonight! 🏆 #skiing | #xgamesgold see full story
4 hours ago: .@minicoop175 throttled his way into 2nd place and extends his points lead!! 🙌🏁 #Supercross http://t.co/xPJu6RbUmr see full story
4 hours ago: Cooper Webb throttled his way into second place and extends his points lead!! Supa Coopa!! Star Racing Yamaha | #supercross see full story
5 hours ago: A massive congrats to @josschristensen and Alex Bellemare on taking the silver and bronze in slopestyle! #games http://t.co/HXTWsL1QKt see full story
5 hours ago: A massive congrats to Joss Christensen and Alex Bellemare on taking on silver and bronze in ski slopestyle tonight!! You boys crushed it! #skiing... see full story
6 hours ago: RT @racerxonline: @minicoop175 wins heat 1 http://t.co/ugbRyR55Be see full story
7 hours ago: RT @piercethevic: Last night in our hometown San Diego! Great kickoff to leg 2 of #TheWorldTour ! // 📷 by @elmakias // @rockstarenergy http… see full story
8 hours ago: Star Racing Yamaha's Cooper Webb carries the coveted red plate and the points lead into Oakland, round 4 of the West Coast 250 Championship! #supercross see full story
8 hours ago: @StarYamahaMX @minicoop175 carries the coveted red plate and the points lead into round 4 in Oakland tonight! 🏁 http://t.co/26TnVzWsqf see full story
2 days ago: Jackson "Jacko" Strong demonstrating some freestyle moto yoga. #fmx | #stretchitout see full story
2 days ago: Calm. Cool. Collected. Silje Norendal reflecting on her slope style practice runs. Xgames | #snowboarding | #slopestyle see full story