Wake / Dean Smith
- Nickname: Deano
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City, State you reside in: Orlando,Florida / Sydney, Australia
- Birthday: 9/15/1984
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 15 years old
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Orlando is amazing for training, simply because of the conditions. It's the reason travel all over the world to come here! My favourite would be a tie between New Zealand (too many lakes to mention) and Lake Mulwala in Australia. It's flooded farm land, and you are riding through dead trees the whole time. In the middle it's almost like a dead forest. It's insane on sunsets!
- Sponsors: Rockstar Energy Drink, Ronix, Rip Curl, Axis Boats, Performance ski and surf
- Inspiration: My Dad
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Mostly rock, but I like everything. Love Kasabian, White Stripes and Them Crooked Vultures
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: I haven't played much lately which sucks, but I love to play golf. I'm also a cricket tragic
- Official/Favorite Website: I update my Fan Page on Facebook regularly, so check it out! Facebook.com/deanwsmith
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I'm a cricket tragic. Americans don't really play, but I managed to join a team in Orlando and play every weekend.
- Career History. How did you start wakeboarding? The same way most people would have I think. My family were involved in boating my whole life, with waterskiing etc. The day I got up on one ski for the first time, a friend brought along a wakeboard and I tried it. I loved it from the first set and haven't looked back!
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 2010 World Champion | 2011 3rd World Titles | 2011 4th King of Wake | 2012 5th US Pro Tour | 2x Australian Pro Tour Champion | 2005 Asian X Games Gold Medal
Shred Town Jamboree Dates Announced!
EVENT DATE: MAY 1ST – MAY 3RD 2015 Athens, TX – The Shredtown Crew is proud to announce the official dates for their first ever event, the JAMBOREE, presented by Rockstar Energy...
WWA Nautique Wake Open Registration Begins!
Orlando, Florida (February 17, 2015) – The World Wakeboard Association has begun accepting registrations for the 2015 Nautique Wake Open via thewwa.com. ...
World Wakeboard Association Announces the 2015 Wakeboard World Series
Orlando, Florida (February 13, 2015) - Over 26 years, the World Wakeboard Association has established itself as the leader in wake sports around the globe. The WWA...
Rockstar Wake Team Sweeps BROstock 2013 Podium
Congratulations to the Rockstar Wake team on the podium sweep at BROstock 2013 in Lake of the Ozarks, MO!Randall "Vandall" Harris claimed the top spot with a wrapped nose grab toe back 5, while...
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour Mooresville Results
Mooresville, NC.– Thousands of fans crowded the shores of Lake Norman to witness a dramatic final day of action at the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour Presented by Rockstar. They were privy to...
Aaron Rathy Wins Polaroid Big-Air Contest at Pro Wake Tour #1
Congratulations to Aaron Rathy who won the Polaroid Action Big-Air Contest following the final rounds of action at the MasterCraft Pro Wake Tour #1 in Acworth, GA! Riding behind the MasterCraft...
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Nautique Wake Games
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes who competed at the Nautique Wake Games in Orlando, Florida! A special shout out to our podium finishers:Dean Smith - Pro Men FinalsNicola Butler -...
Nicola Butler Claims Pro Women’s Title | Harley Clifford Wins Nautique Wake Games
Orlando, Fla. — Putting an exclamation point on four days of progressive riding across 24 divisions at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar, Harley Clifford took top honors in the Pro...
Day Two of Nautique Wake Games Sees Strong Performances by Riders of all Ages
Orlando, Fla. — The prevailing theme of day two at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar was wakeboarding spans multiple generations and knows no borders. Athletes as young as nine and...
Other Wake Athletes
17 hours ago: Tune in to DRINKROCKSTAR on SnapChat for a behind the scenes look at the #RockstarHusky team at #MXoN! #OneTeam #NoBorders Husqvarna Motorcycles� see full story
2 days ago: TGIF #RockstarModels see full story
3 days ago: Mitch Crews moving into the 3rd round of the Vans Pro qs3000 in Virginia Beach! Here we go Mitch! #RockstarSurf see full story
3 days ago: Try our new Rockstar Juiced today! #ThirstyThursday #RockstarEnergy see full story
4 days ago: .@TannerFoust is looking to keep the momentum going into this weekend's round of #GRC in Atlantic City! https://t.co/8cLMCQK8CC see full story
4 days ago: Tanner Foust looking to keep the momentum going in this weekend's round of #GRC in Atlantic City! #RockstarRally see full story
4 days ago: Closing out the night with our Rockstar Energy Model #WCW Jess 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/26LGHH2Jbx see full story
4 days ago: Check out Elliot Sloan's #MetalAndMayhem in Thrasher Magazine. Dude absolutely shreds #skate see full story
5 days ago: Getting through #HumpDay like.... https://t.co/kA6zz8yQvc see full story
5 days ago: Peep @torsteinhorgmo’s @shred_bots new #CONNEKT5 line from Perisher Parks! Full edit here: https://t.co/SGa1JvvpoP https://t.co/SCtiSp8ZgQ see full story
6 days ago: We are excited to announce that Max Nagl will be racing at the MXoN for Germany! @husqvarna1903 https://t.co/NobeVXXY3y see full story
7 days ago: Rockstar surf team rider @Keanu_Asing is in the water for Round 3 Heat 1 of the #BillabongProTahiti. https://t.co/kxw4tqEMwo see full story