Wake / Dean Smith
- Nickname: Deano
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City, State you reside in: Orlando,Florida / Sydney, Australia
- Birthday: 9/15/1984
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 15 years old
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Orlando is amazing for training, simply because of the conditions. It's the reason travel all over the world to come here! My favourite would be a tie between New Zealand (too many lakes to mention) and Lake Mulwala in Australia. It's flooded farm land, and you are riding through dead trees the whole time. In the middle it's almost like a dead forest. It's insane on sunsets!
- Sponsors: Rockstar Energy Drink, Ronix, Rip Curl, Axis Boats, Performance ski and surf
- Inspiration: My Dad
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Mostly rock, but I like everything. Love Kasabian, White Stripes and Them Crooked Vultures
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: I haven't played much lately which sucks, but I love to play golf. I'm also a cricket tragic
- Official/Favorite Website: I update my Fan Page on Facebook regularly, so check it out! Facebook.com/deanwsmith
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I'm a cricket tragic. Americans don't really play, but I managed to join a team in Orlando and play every weekend.
- Career History. How did you start wakeboarding? The same way most people would have I think. My family were involved in boating my whole life, with waterskiing etc. The day I got up on one ski for the first time, a friend brought along a wakeboard and I tried it. I loved it from the first set and haven't looked back!
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 2010 World Champion | 2011 3rd World Titles | 2011 4th King of Wake | 2012 5th US Pro Tour | 2x Australian Pro Tour Champion | 2005 Asian X Games Gold Medal
Rockstar Wake Team Sweeps BROstock 2013 Podium
Congratulations to the Rockstar Wake team on the podium sweep at BROstock 2013 in Lake of the Ozarks, MO!Randall "Vandall" Harris claimed the top spot with a wrapped nose grab toe back 5, while...
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour Mooresville Results
Mooresville, NC.– Thousands of fans crowded the shores of Lake Norman to witness a dramatic final day of action at the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour Presented by Rockstar. They were privy to...
Aaron Rathy Wins Polaroid Big-Air Contest at Pro Wake Tour #1
Congratulations to Aaron Rathy who won the Polaroid Action Big-Air Contest following the final rounds of action at the MasterCraft Pro Wake Tour #1 in Acworth, GA! Riding behind the MasterCraft...
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Nautique Wake Games
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes who competed at the Nautique Wake Games in Orlando, Florida! A special shout out to our podium finishers:Dean Smith - Pro Men FinalsNicola Butler -...
Nicola Butler Claims Pro Women’s Title | Harley Clifford Wins Nautique Wake Games
Orlando, Fla. — Putting an exclamation point on four days of progressive riding across 24 divisions at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar, Harley Clifford took top honors in the Pro...
Day Two of Nautique Wake Games Sees Strong Performances by Riders of all Ages
Orlando, Fla. — The prevailing theme of day two at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar was wakeboarding spans multiple generations and knows no borders. Athletes as young as nine and...
Other Wake Athletes
2 hours ago: You can count on Ben Horan to put it all on the line: http://t.co/KpWySwFpW3. See more #wakeskate rider spotlights @ http://t.co/wseiSKx2mI! see full story
3 hours ago: @UNSQUARED Happy #ThirstyThursday! see full story
3 hours ago: Ready to see a new face on the @LOORRS track this weekend? Event info at http://t.co/zP8JMyzZqm! @TannerFoust http://t.co/N5EEYjSMth see full story
3 hours ago: Ready to see a new face on the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series track this weekend? Event info at http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com! Tanner Foust | #FoustLane see full story
4 hours ago: @Whataball1 No, Rockstar is not affiliated with any auto wrap programs. see full story
4 hours ago: @swegetron5000 Cheers! see full story
4 hours ago: @TheWandaCraig Happy to be there for you! see full story
4 hours ago: Ryan Nyquist getting a feel for Austin! X Games details at http://xgamesaustin.com. see full story
8 hours ago: The site is set. Here we go with the 2014 King of Wake season! #WakeGames Amber Wing see full story
1 day ago: What are YOU driving home? #DailyGrind Dylan Kwasniewski Racing see full story
1 day ago: You can count on Ben Horan to put it all on the line. Click here to see his rider profile: http://bit.ly/QFJeFL The Wakeskate Tour see full story
1 day ago: Our #RockstarEnergyModels showing us how they get through #HumpDay. #PureZero see full story