Wake / Nicola Butler
- Nickname: Trouble, Nixie, Nic
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City, State you reside in: Orlando, FL
- Birthday: May 16th, 1992
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 11 years old
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Anywhere with smooth water and an Mastercraft Xstar
- Sponsors: Oakley, Rockstar Energy, Mastercraft, CWB, BOOM, BuyWake
- Inspiration: I find new inspiration every day. It keeps changing. I look up to athletes like Grete Eliassen and Kelly Slater.
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Everything from Kid Cudi to Dubstep to Ben Howard
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: Do yoga or go surfing.
- Official/Favorite Website: www.alliancewake.com
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I lived on 3 different continents before I turned 15.
- Career History. How did you start wakeboarding? I grew up surfing in South Africa and was always really into board sports. One day I happened to see wake boarding at my local cable park in England and decided to try it out. I found at that I was a natural at it and just fell in love with the sport.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 2008, 2010, 2011 World Champ, 2x Queen of Wake, 2x Masters Champ, 2x National Champ
2014 Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships Headed to Ft. Lauderdale
Mills Pond Park to Host Prestigious Event for First Time Ever Sept. 11-14 Orlando, FL. — More than 200 of the planet’s best amateur and professional wakeboarders and wakeskaters will flock to...
2014 Nautique WWA Wake Park National Championships To Run Concurrently with Wakeboard Nationals
Orlando, FL. - For the second consecutive year, the Nautique WWA Wake Park National Championships Presented by Rockstar will run at the same time and location as Wakeboard Nationals. The...
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour to Focus Exclusively on Men’s Pro Division in 2014
Orlando, FL. — The MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour, the largest and most storied professional wakeboarding circuit in the world, has redesigned its format for the 2014 season and will feature...
World’s Top Wakeboarders Opening 2014 Season at Nautique Wake Games in Orlando
Over 200 Professionals and Amateurs Flocking to Orlando Watersports Complex April 24-27 Orlando, Fla. — Wakeboarding’s elite series will open its 2014 season with the highly-anticipated...
Dean Smith Wins Men’s Pro Wakeboard Title at Tigé MyWake Global Challenge Live Main Event
Sparks, NV. — Championship campaigns that originated via online video submissions beginning in June came to fruition for seven of the athletes competing at...
Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships To Air on NBC Sports Network
Orlando, Fla. – The 2013 Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships presented by Rockstar, the sport’s largest U.S. contest, will be available in approximately 78 million homes tomorrow, ...
Rusty Malinoski Claims Title at Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships
Pleasant Prairie, WI. —Progressive riding and dramatic competition were prevailing themes at the final day of the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships presented by Supra. And with that...
Congrats to Amber Wing, Dean Smith and Tony Lacconi!
Phil Soven Wins MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour LathropAmber Wing Claims Victory in Women’s Pro DivisionLathrop, CA.– Thousands of fans flocked the shores of Mossdale Quarry Lakes to watch the...
Other Wake Athletes
5 hours ago: Watch @maccachren in the San Felipe 250 this Sunday, April 20th at 9PM ET on @CBSSportsNet! #RockstarOffRoad http://t.co/URV2bjTRuK see full story
5 hours ago: Watch Rob MacCachren in the San Felipe 250 this Sunday, April 20th at 9PM ET on CBS Sports Network! #RockstarOffRoad see full story
7 hours ago: . @mayhemfest alums @EMMUREmusic have a new record out now. Pick up "Eternal Enemies" here: http://t.co/XFetQ2zj5z. http://t.co/eA0Bw3uTak see full story
11 hours ago: Cheers! #TGIF http://t.co/UvUSCsywwN see full story
11 hours ago: Cheers! #TGIF see full story
11 hours ago: @ATrainOfficial Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get more information from you. see full story
11 hours ago: @Amandaml87 Please email us at email@example.com so that we can get more info from you. see full story
12 hours ago: #InkedUpTour Frankfurt recap: http://t.co/QPtSo8hQll @SullenClothing @Inkedmag see full story
1 day ago: We're just one week away from the first stop of the 2014 King of Wake series! Who's coming out for Wake Games? Tickets here: http://kingofwake.com see full story
1 day ago: Manny Santiago on that K-grind. #SkateLife #RockstarSkate see full story
2 days ago: Congrats to our #MissInkedUp Frankfurt winner, Christina! Visit www.inkedupworldtour.com to find out how you can participate in the #InkedUpTour model... see full story
2 days ago: Some #PureZero to get you through this #HumpDay. see full story