Wake / Nicola Butler
- Nickname: Trouble, Nixie, Nic
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City, State you reside in: Orlando, FL
- Birthday: May 16th, 1992
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 11 years old
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Anywhere with smooth water and an Mastercraft Xstar
- Sponsors: Oakley, Rockstar Energy, Mastercraft, CWB, BOOM, BuyWake
- Inspiration: I find new inspiration every day. It keeps changing. I look up to athletes like Grete Eliassen and Kelly Slater.
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Everything from Kid Cudi to Dubstep to Ben Howard
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: Do yoga or go surfing.
- Official/Favorite Website: www.alliancewake.com
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I lived on 3 different continents before I turned 15.
- Career History. How did you start wakeboarding? I grew up surfing in South Africa and was always really into board sports. One day I happened to see wake boarding at my local cable park in England and decided to try it out. I found at that I was a natural at it and just fell in love with the sport.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 2008, 2010, 2011 World Champ, 2x Queen of Wake, 2x Masters Champ, 2x National Champ
Dean Smith Wins Men’s Pro Wakeboard Title at Tigé MyWake Global Challenge Live Main Event
Sparks, NV. — Championship campaigns that originated via online video submissions beginning in June came to fruition for seven of the athletes competing at...
Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships To Air on NBC Sports Network
Orlando, Fla. – The 2013 Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships presented by Rockstar, the sport’s largest U.S. contest, will be available in approximately 78 million homes tomorrow, ...
Rusty Malinoski Claims Title at Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships
Pleasant Prairie, WI. —Progressive riding and dramatic competition were prevailing themes at the final day of the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships presented by Supra. And with that...
Congrats to Amber Wing, Dean Smith and Tony Lacconi!
Phil Soven Wins MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour LathropAmber Wing Claims Victory in Women’s Pro DivisionLathrop, CA.– Thousands of fans flocked the shores of Mossdale Quarry Lakes to watch the...
Other Wake Athletes
7 hours ago: After a year of highs & lows, Laura Enever's four-part web series ends at the final 2013 ASP World Surfing Tour event. Watch now at http://bit.ly/imlaura4. see full story
1 day ago: .@ChasGuldemond getting ready for #DewTour at @KeystoneMtn! http://t.co/8koGdBrtuk see full story
2 days ago: Friday Night Lights #readyfortheweekend #electricrun @ElectricRun http://t.co/oF0rG3mrFy see full story
2 days ago: @BriteLA Tomorrow! see full story
2 days ago: Learn to drive like a Rockstar! Enter to #WIN Rockstar Driving Lessons at the Team O'Neil Rally School! ENTER HERE:... see full story
3 days ago: Ronnie Faisst throwing down big today! see full story