Wake / Nicola Butler
- Nickname: Trouble, Nixie, Nic
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City, State you reside in: Orlando, FL
- Birthday: May 16th, 1992
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 11 years old
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Anywhere with smooth water and an Mastercraft Xstar
- Sponsors: Oakley, Rockstar Energy, Mastercraft, CWB, BOOM, BuyWake
- Inspiration: I find new inspiration every day. It keeps changing. I look up to athletes like Grete Eliassen and Kelly Slater.
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Everything from Kid Cudi to Dubstep to Ben Howard
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: Do yoga or go surfing.
- Official/Favorite Website: www.alliancewake.com
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I lived on 3 different continents before I turned 15.
- Career History. How did you start wakeboarding? I grew up surfing in South Africa and was always really into board sports. One day I happened to see wake boarding at my local cable park in England and decided to try it out. I found at that I was a natural at it and just fell in love with the sport.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: 2008, 2010, 2011 World Champ, 2x Queen of Wake, 2x Masters Champ, 2x National Champ
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour Lathrop
Lathrop, CA. – The final day of action at the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour presented by Rockstar saw the sport’s top riders laying it all on the line in hopes of walking away victorious in...
King of Wake Pro Wakeboard Tour Acworth Recap
Acworth, Ga.– A jaw-dropping performance by Australian phenom Harley Clifford landed him atop the podium at the first stop of the 2014 MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour presented by Rockstar. The...
Dean Smith Wins Men’s Pro at Nautique Wake Games, Meagan Ethell Claims Women’s Pro Title
Orlando, Fla. — Thousands of fans flocked to Orlando Water Sports Complex for a dramatic final day of competition at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar. The prestigious season opening...
Action-Packed First Day at Nautique Wake Games Opens 2014 King of Wake Season and Inaugural Nautique Wake Series
More Than 200 Professionals and Amateur Athletes in Orlando for Prestigious Event Orlando, Fla. — The highly anticipated opening day of Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar saw fiercely...
2014 Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships Headed to Ft. Lauderdale
Mills Pond Park to Host Prestigious Event for First Time Ever Sept. 11-14 Orlando, FL. — More than 200 of the planet’s best amateur and professional wakeboarders and wakeskaters will flock to...
2014 Nautique WWA Wake Park National Championships To Run Concurrently with Wakeboard Nationals
Orlando, FL. - For the second consecutive year, the Nautique WWA Wake Park National Championships Presented by Rockstar will run at the same time and location as Wakeboard Nationals. The...
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour to Focus Exclusively on Men’s Pro Division in 2014
Orlando, FL. — The MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour, the largest and most storied professional wakeboarding circuit in the world, has redesigned its format for the 2014 season and will feature...
World’s Top Wakeboarders Opening 2014 Season at Nautique Wake Games in Orlando
Over 200 Professionals and Amateurs Flocking to Orlando Watersports Complex April 24-27 Orlando, Fla. — Wakeboarding’s elite series will open its 2014 season with the highly-anticipated...
Dean Smith Wins Men’s Pro Wakeboard Title at Tigé MyWake Global Challenge Live Main Event
Sparks, NV. — Championship campaigns that originated via online video submissions beginning in June came to fruition for seven of the athletes competing at...
Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships To Air on NBC Sports Network
Orlando, Fla. – The 2013 Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships presented by Rockstar, the sport’s largest U.S. contest, will be available in approximately 78 million homes tomorrow, ...
Rusty Malinoski Claims Title at Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships
Pleasant Prairie, WI. —Progressive riding and dramatic competition were prevailing themes at the final day of the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships presented by Supra. And with that...
Congrats to Amber Wing, Dean Smith and Tony Lacconi!
Phil Soven Wins MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour LathropAmber Wing Claims Victory in Women’s Pro DivisionLathrop, CA.– Thousands of fans flocked the shores of Mossdale Quarry Lakes to watch the...
Other Wake Athletes
6 hours ago: Look who we found watching his dad @FINALLEVEL on stage! Spartacus has #AllAccess. @mayhemfest #RockstarMayhemFest http://t.co/YfnClU6Lkx see full story
8 hours ago: #MissWakeboarding with that #SparklingEnergy this #ThirstyThursday! #RockstarEnergyModels http://t.co/MjDCu3QByo see full story
8 hours ago: #MissWakeboarding with that #SparklingEnergy this #ThirstyThursday! see full story
9 hours ago: @EarlC23 Hello, we have received your email as well, and will contact you directly. Thank you. see full story
10 hours ago: What better way to end your #summer than with a trip to the King of Wake Pro Wake Worlds in Ft. Lauderdale, FL! More info at http://bit.ly/prowake-sweeps.... see full story
1 day ago: Some girls aren't afraid to get a little dirty. Jolene Van Vugt #NitroGirl #MotoChick see full story