Wake / Ricky Gonzales
- Sport: Wakeboarding
- City/State you reside in: Canyon Lake, CA
- Birthday: 10/14
- Age when first started wakeboarding: 21
- Favorite place to wakeboard: Canyon Lake or recently, Balacar MX
- Sponsors: Rockstar, Phalanx Wakeboards, Hart and Huntington, Centurion Boats, Mentom Sunglasses, Liquid Trends, HourGlass Anchors
- Inspiration: My family has always been an inspiration to me they support me to the fullest which makes me want to be the best that I can be and support my sponsors and industry in a positive way.
- What’s on your IPOD playlist? Rap and more rap
- When I’m not wakeboarding I like to: Ride my dirtbike, work on my Cadillac, mess with my RC car and fishing
- Official/Favorite Website: Ebay! Ordering all sorts of things for my Cadillac. Or my wakeboard company www.phalanxwake.com
- Something that most people don’t know about you: I may look like a white boy but I’m Mexican.
- Quote: West Coast Por Vida
- How did you start wakeboarding? I started after being a snowboard instructor for a few years. Some friends invited me out and I fell in love with the sport and started by buying a 500.00 jet boat which was no where near set up to wakeboard but I made it work. Then went to sleeping on friends couches and going to whatever contest I could go to and had a lot of friends and family support and made it happen.
- Career Honors, Awards, and Highlights: Placing top 5 in the world, Competing in X Games, Starting Pro Mens Vets, being able to travel and ride in so many locations including overseas,and stomping out as many double up contest as I can.
Rockstar Athletes Podium at Nautique Wake Games
Congratulations to all of the Rockstar athletes who competed at the Nautique Wake Games in Orlando, Florida! A special shout out to our podium finishers:Dean Smith - Pro Men FinalsNicola Butler -...
Nicola Butler Claims Pro Women’s Title | Harley Clifford Wins Nautique Wake Games
Orlando, Fla. — Putting an exclamation point on four days of progressive riding across 24 divisions at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar, Harley Clifford took top honors in the Pro...
Day Two of Nautique Wake Games Sees Strong Performances by Riders of all Ages
Orlando, Fla. — The prevailing theme of day two at the Nautique Wake Games presented by Rockstar was wakeboarding spans multiple generations and knows no borders. Athletes as young as nine and...
Other Wake Athletes
2 hours ago: Don't miss your chance to #win a trip to the @LOORRS Challenge Cup in October! Click here: http://t.co/x2ukdSWb0a. http://t.co/UZ9y1bIOkT see full story
2 hours ago: Three stops left in the 2014 Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series season! Don't miss your chance to #win a trip to the Challenge Cup in October. Click here:... see full story
4 hours ago: Snag a copy of this @TorsteinHorgmo @shred_bots poster in the Sept 2014 issue of @TWSNOW! #snowboarding http://t.co/E6Z9w2704f see full story
4 hours ago: Snag a copy of this Torstein Horgmo poster in the September 2014 issue of TransWorld SNOWboarding! And if you haven't seen the Shredbots movie trailer yet,... see full story
18 hours ago: Dennis Enarson bringing some style to the streets of #Portland to claim his spot on top of the podium! #DewTour #BMX http://t.co/XlfaPBffIy see full story
18 hours ago: Dennis Enarson bringing some style to the streets of Portland to claim his spot on top of the podium! #DewTour #BMX see full story
1 day ago: Let's take a ride with @DannyHart1... #GoPro footage of his 2nd place run from the Canadian Open at #Crankworx! http://t.co/Yj08BluGs5 #MTB see full story
1 day ago: Let's take a ride with Danny Hart... Watch the #GoPro footage of his 2nd place run from the Canadian Open at #Crankworx! Click here: http://bit.ly/dhcrankworx see full story
1 day ago: @ColePenner Anytime! see full story
1 day ago: @wondersiex @fusion360elite Like your style! see full story
1 day ago: Rusty Malinoski boosting at the final stop of the 2014 Pro Wakeboard Tour to secure 2nd overall for the season! #PWT2014 | King of Wake see full story
2 days ago: Joey Savatgy weathers the Indiana storm to claim his first career podium at #IronmanMX! Read more here: http://bit.ly/1oP7B39 Rockstar Energy Racing |... see full story